1. Someone who is a good sport to players and who are fair and kind even if they lose.
2. To be able to have the belief that the impossible is nothing what ever person you are facing even tho he might be better than you in rank terms and level.
3. When you face someone have a look at what they do and what you do wrong and gradually work on getting better. It doesn't matter if you are number 1 in world you are always improving.
4. Would be if you are like 3-nil down always have the belief that you will come back and win the game because the game is never over till the final whistle.
5. Make yourself a better player play people who know how to be good on the game. so they can give you important tips and pointers which will help develop your understanding and knowledge of the game more.
6. Finally I know losing is not a good thing but it whats makes you a better player because you learn things more by losing than by winning all the time.
I hope this was sort of helpful from footmad
Just did a few grammar corrections since the thread is now starred.
Written: 3/17/2009 (GMT+0200) 1:15pm (CET)
Edited by a moderator: 3/19/2009 (GMT+0200) 10:41pm (CET) | Total edits: 2
Superb thread, well said.
My favorite tip was #6,I think people need
to know that in order to be successful you must realize that there will be a lot of diifficulties to face along the way, NOT
everything will come handy you have to fight
and fight and never give up.
keep your eagerness .Victory belongs to the most persevering.
U think that post very well from no 1 to no 6.
U started well with that no 1, were u mentioned "Someone who is a good sport to players and who are fair and kind even if they lose" -> this might not make u a better player, but for certain makes you a better CHARACTER.in this game are a lot of good players but not a lot of big, good and strong Characters.Anyway a good thread.! Nice job dawg!
just some time back, not long ago, i was a sepctator in a cup full of big dudes, all 99ers. i was watching them and i was struck with the way they played. All balls were chased right till the end and if they thought their opponent was going to get the ball they wouldnt give up and let off the pressure, they carried on. in one case, the player (cant remember who) actually managed to steal the ball from his opponents defender and score!
so thats what this threads about, dont give up, not in a match, not generally during the game. dont think "i cant do this. these f_i_f's are way to hard to catch up." just carry on and belive in yourself.